Friday, January 9, 2009

The boy made of glass

In the last post Sune proclaims that we could have foreseen that I would get injured during our little trip. For those of you that are not familiar with my snowboarding history I’ll get you a little bit up to speed.
I poses a bad combination of stupid fearlessness and bones made of glass and since injuries in another country awards you with x-rays in hard copy I’m gathering quite a collection of them. This is the latest addition to my trophy cabinet of crushed hopes and time sitting on the bench.



My hopes of becoming a better rider breaks simultaneous with my bones and with all these setbacks I never seem to get up to my previous level. I used to be good and now I’m only chasing my past level of performance. And maybe that is what breaks me – again and again. I’m SO eager but also conscious of what I used to be able to do, that I push myself too hard too early. But I only just realised this... So this post is also a reminder to myself to take it easy.
My collection of internal body pictures includes:
Fractured cheekbone, punctured knee, left elbow busted apart, now right elbow fractured and a broken and dislocated wrist. This is from snowboarding and other winter activities at resorts around Europe and doesn’t include stupidity and bad luck that has occurred in Denmark.
But despite this setback I’m staying down here in Le France and cashing in on the charm and beauty of this place and potentially taking scenery trips to the mountaintops and catching some sunshine.
I also have great belief in my own healing capabilities and if everything goes right I’ll be back on the board – if only as camera man – before this month is over. Usually I heal pretty quickly and am left with minimum after effects. So cross your fingers and send me a healing thought. It might just be what I need.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Guys

    I really didn't hope that you got hurt down there, even though we joked about it in the rehearsal room, but hopefully you will heal up before I get down there Thorlak, or else you have the primary role of foodmaker in week 5.

    ReplyDelete